Extend laptop battery runtime knowledge base and guides
The Asus A41-X550A still remains as a solid value for those looking at a basic laptop computer. With an attractive design, strong audio and a low price, the ASUS X550A is a solid sub-$500 notebook. However, you have to be willing to live with a few compromises, such as limited viewing angles and mediocre battery life. Today batteryfast battery experts share a few easy ways to enable longer life from the Asus laptop battery.
1. Unplug unneeded devices. To save laptop battery life, remove other devices like smartphones or headphones that are charging. When not using the laptop computer, but a power source is needed, charge other devices from the Asus laptop as long as it is powered on and unlocked.
2. Reduce LCD brightness level. The display is one of the largest users of Asus A41-X550A laptop battery power. Save big on battery life by turning the brightness level down to the lowest comfortable level.
3. Use the power management settings on the Asus laptop computer. In Windows, click Power Options under Control Panel. For systems preloaded with Battery not charging, stops at 60% – Windows – ideapad (preloaded or downloaded from Windows store), it is strongly recommended to select Optimize for Battery Lifespan mode or Conservation Mode and keep the AC adapter connected all the time. This mode will enable the Asus battery to be fully charged to 80% or 60% of its design capacity.
4. Turn off Bluetooth. If not using this feature, disable the feature to avoid draining the Asus A41-X550 notebook battery.
5. Shut down or hibernate the laptop rather than using standby, if there are no plans to use the laptop for a while. Standby continues to drain energy to keep the laptop ready to go when the cover is opened.